Make education a top priority for local, state, and federal officials by building a network of education activists and amplifying their voices in the public, legislative and political spheres. We will build power from the grassroots level upwards:
- Harness the strong public support for excellent public education and begin building an independent movement that will encourage elected leaders and other policymakers to take a stance on education and to make education issues a priority.
- Elevate education in the public discourse, in the press, and among candidates, focus on supporting a comprehensive public education system that provides high quality lifelong learning for all.
- Create a system of accountability, based on objective standards, concerning votes and work on behalf of education policies that advances a comprehensive public education system that provides high quality lifelong learning for all.
- Build a powerful and broad collaborative of donors and others who are willing to demand candidates and elected officials prioritize education.
- Endorse candidates for elected office who are Education Champions.